Hello and welcome to Bollywood Guitar!
After watching Dasvidaniya, I decided it was time for me to create my very own 'Bucket List'. 'Learn to play the Guitar' was # 1 on this list.
I always wanted to learn it, but never really got around to it. A friend of mine had gifted me a guitar about 6 years ago - Thanks, Minhaaj!. It was now time to get the guitar out of the closet and put it to good use. Surprisingly it is still in great working condition.
Rock On was a huge inspiration. I loved the Desi Rock and Ballads in the movie. As always Shankar Ehsaan and Loy have created another fab album.
When I was younger, I used to listen to a lot of different genres -though Rock was my favorite. My all time favorite bands included The Beatles, The Doors, Eric Clapton, G&R, Metallica, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Pink Floyd, Bryan Adams, The Eagles, Boney M etc. Yes, Boney M - Though I think this is first time I have admitted in public :).
I never had a liking for Hindi numbers during that period. I could never figure out why my friend Shanky would never miss a single episode of Chitrahaar and Chayageet. Anyways, cut to Today. I love Bollywood music. I think Bollywood music has improved tremendously over the past 6 years or so - Post Dil Chahatha Hai. I think this movie kick started a new era for Bollywood both in terms of music and content.
So now I wanna learn how to play Bollywood Songs. I would love to pick up a few Eagles or Beatles numbers on the way.
There is a lot of info on the internet for all skill levels - Beginner to Expert. There are plenty of sites which have a lot of information. Unfortunately most of them are geared towards Western Music. There a few music boards where you can find some really good info around tabs for bollywood music. IndianGuitarTabs is a great site for Guitar tabs for desi music. YouTube has a lot of video tutorials - Check them out.
In spite of the wealth of information out there, I was unable to find one website which was for Beginners who want to learn how to play Bollywood songs. Of late, I have been spending a lot of time surfing the net for gyan on finger exercises, chords, hindi music tabs etc. The information is out there - You just need to search for it. The search process is a tedious one. I am currently fortunate enough to have the time to do this. But I am sure there are a lot of folks out there who are busy with work, school, and family. Hence I thought I should start this blog which would document my 'Bollywood Guitar' journey.
I plan to provide everything which I learn along the way so that it's easier for someone who is just starting out. Hopefully by following my blog, they would be able to learn how to play hindi songs.
Rock On!
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment